Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Street of Shops, Lewisbug, PA



I lived less than 20 miles from Lewisburg, PA from the age of ten to eighteen, but I never visited the "Street of Shops" until winter vacation of 2009, at the ripe old age of 23.  This is not just any old antique store.  Antique stores, in my experience, are more ritzy, organized, and expensive, while the Street of Shops is more of a mix of a chaotic, unorganized flea market and a comfortably indoor antique store.  Also, it's really big.  Obviously I will have to make several trips to the Street of Shops over the course of the summer, but I stopped in on Friday to see if things had changed since last year.

Just a few of the many wonderful things to be seen at the Street of Shops:






I loved the collection of cookie jars.  Although I don't know if I really want to run into this guy when it comes time for a midnight snack.  Whatever you do, don't look into his eyes!











Teacups.  Any day that involves teacup hutches is a day that is better than you think it is.  



Poor rendering of a photo I found in a basket of old pictures.  I was really into the sleeves on this lady's dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment