Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Finished "Sea Urchin" Quilt

My quilt is finished!



I guess I'm pretty happy with the way this turned out, although now I wish I hadn't used yarn for the knots. I read somewhere that yarn was fine, but now I'm thinking embroidery floss would have worked out better, and wouldn't have become as fuzzy in the wash. All the blue fuzzy knots remind me of sea urchins for some reason, so I will always think of this as the "Sea Urchin" quilt now. All in all I think it is an improvement from my first quilt, although there is still much progress to be made. Next time I hope for even more mastery of this textile art!

And whatever will I do with myself now that it is finished? I should probably get back to school work for a while. But I'm already thinking of what the next quilt on the horizon will be. I'm thinking…lone star!

No comments:

Post a Comment