Saturday, November 9, 2013

Fair Interlude: The L.A. County Fair

The "Starry Splendor" quilt top is almost finished! I have added the piano key border. I need to add one more border of cream fabric and then it will be ready for quilting. But, since it would be boring to post another set of pictures of my unfinished quilt top, I am writing instead about a far more interesting event: the L.A. County Fair in Pomona, CA.

The fair was over a month ago, but the arts and crafts building was so fun that I am still thinking about it! Below are some of the amazing things I got the chance to see:


I have to say that this was probably my favorite quilt at the fair. I realized too late that I should have written down the names of the artists of these quilts to give credit where credit is due, so my apologies. This quilt was just so vibrant and beautiful. After working with the more subdued tones for the "Starry Splendor" quilt, I am thinking that I would like to switch to bolder colors for my next quilt. I can certainly use this lonestar quilt for color inspiration!


Here's another beautiful quilt. I guess it is a cross between and nine-patch and a log cabin, with a little applique thrown in as well. It all works so well together!


I can't resist any kind of Christmas tree. So I was delighted by the Christmas tree contest! They are all winners in my eyes!


Here is a tree with only cupcake ornaments! Tasty! There was so much food at the fair, but looking at this tree still made me hungry.


And here was a Christmas tree made out of sparkly jewelry! I'll tell you what, I simply cannot get enough of this stuff. I love fairs!


Did anybody ever look more delighted to be spending the day at the fair? Can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment