Friday, August 5, 2011

Bloomsburg, PA Ice Cream and Cake Festival

Pennsylvania fair update!  This is a very little festival that occurs every year in Bloomsburg.  This is the first year I've been to it in a long while, and it hasn't changed too much.  The neat thing about this festival is that the townspeople bake the cakes and bring them down to the refrigerator truck early in the afternoon so that they can be sold at the festival.  My mom made a german chocolate cake this time.  And this year the festival even went back to having homemade ice cream after a few years of having commercial ice cream.  Nice!

Everybody at the town park for the festival:

The Catawissa Military Band.  Ten years ago, that would have been me in the bassoon section!  It's nice to see the old guard still at it.  Maybe next summer I will join the gang again.

A young lady enjoys her ice cream. 

And plays the go fish game! 

Classic baseball/pin game.  I knocked down all but one of the pins.

The "Covered Bridge Cloggers" were here again this year.  Their numbers have sadly dwindled since the last time I attended the festival, but they are still hoofing it like champs. 

2 comments:

  1. I love that top picture of cake! Keep it comin' lady! -anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the black dress! So cute! :) - Lynace

    ReplyDelete